Google

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Havelock North Village, Hawke's Bay - New Zealand

Here I am,
after almost 4 months of travelling I have reached the furthest point from which every move will only take me closer to home.

It's been a while since my last post so I will try to pu you all up to date with the latest news.

After an overnight in Wellington spent in a 24 hour pump station right outside the airport, I finally made my way to Napier in the morning.

My headquartersare situated right next to it in Havelock North Village. Population: 10 to 12000 as answers to this question seem to change everytime I asked. It is a small town but it has everything one's may need. Coffee Shops, Bars, Restaurants, Book Shops, Cinemas you name it, they'll have it. And if they don't Hastings is just 10 minutes away and there you will find all that is missing (or not) in here.

It's quite a change from a big city like Sydney to suddenly be in a small town that lives around vineyards (vinhas) and Orcheards (frutas).

And it's in one of those categories that I found my new way of life. I wake up with the sun between 6 and 7 to head of to work of which I will get of 8 hours later. After 2 months with a night job I am living a much more distictive one and I am surprised to (re)discover that there is much to do in a day even after an 8 hour shift if one wakes up early. And I am glad to announce that I am turning into a morning person. Around here everyone follows more or less the same schedule knowing that by 8:30 you won't find any other living soul in the backpackers besides Neil and Terry that manage the place. And the house cat...
I share my room with another guy, Raz. Raz is from Nepal and makes it all quite interesting on a day to day basis. We found a common center of interests and if you come by after dinner you my see us in some little guitar jam sessions. Good times.

Trinity Hill is the place where I was lucky enough to find a job. The city boy got his hands dirty (and don't talk about dirty hands before you get into some labour work, it takes it to another level, I'll tell you) and is now learning to manoever tractor, shoot Shotguns, recognize the diferent grapes and of course at the end of the day taste the diference aswell.
My boss? Mr John Hancock. What a cool guy. Always with a smile on his face, specially after a couple of tastings, John is the kind of boss that doesn't let one feel like he is and for that he is well respected and loved among his wine crew. Very keen on beer, I will quote him. "It takes a lot of beer to make good wine" I agree.

My new contact number:

+64 (0)21 10 11 072 Vodafone New Zealand


I'll get back to you for further details.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Babe!
Espero que tenhas recebido a minha msg de Parabens!!! Fartei-me de pensar em ti nesse dia! :)
Desculpa não te ter mandado um mail com as informações sobre Kiwi Land, mas estive uma semana e tal sem internet...
Não te esqueças de ir a South Island! É um soooonho: Milford Sound (e a estrada que te leva até lá, é um estrondo. Tens de fazer o passeio de barco nos fiordes); Queenstown - capital mundial dos desportos radicais; costa leste; kaikoura (costa oeste); Chirstchurch é uma típica cidade inglesa (tem 1 bom museu); fábrica da cadbury's em dunedin é fantástica para os amantes do chocolate (like me!).
Na ilha do Norte: Auckland e Bay of Islands (nós não fomos, mas é disseram-me que é amazing!.
O melhor que tens a fazer é pegar no teu amigo nepalês (ou noutro qq) e alugares uma autocaravana! :) É a loucura! Nós alugámos na britz.

Tenho saudades tuas!!!
Aproveita!!! Morro de inveja...
Bjs grds,

Madd FA

Thursday, February 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grande abraço mano tens ke vir rapidamente para vemos portugal em monsato como antigamente lol e imos a final da taça comer bifanas e beber surbias :) grande abraço meu puto

Friday, February 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MEU PUTO N TENHO ESCRITO NADA PK NAO TENHO ESTADO CA.MAS FICA AQUI MAIS UM GRANDE ABRAÇO E QUE CONTINUES ESSA AVENTURA BRUTAL :).GRANDE ABRAÇO

Monday, March 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puto nem imaginas vou te contar mais umas novidades do nosso sporting,lol.jogamos para a taça com o porto nas antas e fomos roubados a grande,fomos a penaltis e perdemos :( mas daki a 15 dias jogamos em alvalade para o campeonat.temos ke ganhar para sermos campeoes :).grande abrç e curte mm mto pk este pais ta uma bosta...
grande abraço bendis

ps-e verdade hoje foi o casting para o rock in rio ;)

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

então lulu??!!?? no news, no msg... tá tudo bem? deve tar bem de mais para não escreveres à tanto tempo...lol vá lá!! delicia-nos outra vez com as tuas historias!!
beijo Nana

Tuesday, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home